- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 large green pepper, halved, seeded and diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf marjoram, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water, following label directions; drain and place on deep, serving platter.
- While pasta cooks, cook bacon until crisp in a skillet. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper toweling.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat from skillet. Saute green pepper in skillet until soft.
- Break eggs in a small bowl. Stir in marjoram, salt and pepper.
- 4. Toss butter or margarine with the hot spaghetti until melted.
- Add seasoned eggs and toss until completely blended.
- Add bacon, green pepper and the grated cheese.
- Toss again; serve at once. Serves 6.